Tuesday, February 9, 2016

200 Years

200 Years | ©Literary Junkie
"The day a bullet went into my chest it changed my life. Not in the way you think. There was no blood or pain.

And it made me think. I can't recall a time where I've ever bled. I've taken some pretty big falls from a speeding motorcycle. Been in a few bar fights and once I've even fallen off the roof of my house. Still, there was no blood.

Though, somehow the bullet managed to rip through my skin. My body started to crack from that small hole. I tried to stop it. But, it spread until I was no more.


Like a snake sheds its skin I did the same. These days I live in the shadows--the darkness of corners. When no one is looking I make my moves. I don't know who I am or how long I'll be here. Today it's been 200 years. There is only one of me. Nobody knows about my existence except for you. And I must protect that." He said, reaching out to the frightened man, and with one great swoop he protected his secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.