Saturday, January 9, 2016

Stolen Life

©LiteraryJunkie
I was going to be a star. I had the talent and the drive--more than anyone I'd ever known. Even more than the people who already had star power. There wasn't a day that passed that I wasn't doing something to make my star shine brighter than the last.

On my eighteenth birthday, my mom and dad reluctantly helped me pack my things so that I could pursue my dreams. And boy did I ever. I stepped off the bus in Sunny California at nine o'clock in the morning with an incredible amount of aspirations, and my college savings wasn't too shabby. My dad almost had a heart attack when he pulled it out of the bank to hand over to me and there wouldn't be a diploma handed to him in return. But, he believes in me. They all believed in me.

Then, I met someone. He promised me the moon and the stars. Said he'd never met anyone with my kind of talent. So, I ran with it. I didn't take the time to find out anything about my genie. I simply ran with it. Everything was going great. I was making progress. I could finally see my dreams. Literally, I could touch them. But, he was the devil in disguise. I was never going to have all those things he promised. Here I lay, in Sunny California, and it was lights out for me.

I was going to be a star. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.