Saturday, January 2, 2016

Mermaids

"What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"I should ask you that. It's a little too late for you to be swimming in the dark of the night all alone. There's no telling what could be in that water with you."
©LiteraryJunkie

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Monsters in the water," he joked.

"The water doesn't scare me. Come closer." She beckoned with her finger. "What is your name?"

"Steve," he replied, as he knelt by the bay of the water to oblige the mysteriously bold woman."

With a smile, she gently touched his chin while he stared into her eyes.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?"

"Who I am and where I come from doesn't matter. What I am is something you should know."

"Wh-what are you?"

"Come in the water."

"No, for some reason I don't think that would be wise of me."

She eased closer to the intrigued man and whispered, "Come into the water with me, Steve."

Against his better judgement, Steve kicked his shoes off and dived in the water. 

She grabbed his hands and led him to her awaiting friends.

"I told you she would get him."

"Hi, Steve."

"Hello, Steve, you're much better looking than the last two guys."

"Th-this can't be real. What are you," He struggled, barely making his words out. 

"The myth was real, Steve. But, you won't last long enough to tell anyone," the woman said with a gurgling laugh. #LiteraryJunkie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.