Saturday, December 19, 2015

Servants

"Carl, do not drop my apple like you did yesterday. You wouldn't want me to tell Father his little angel starved because of your clumsiness."

©LiteraryJunkie
The old man never uttered a word. He only did as he was told. For he knew the consequences of challenging the young mistress, Ms. Poe. The last time someone in his family challenged a Poe they became their servants, along with their offspring. Carl just so happened to be the offspring. 

"I didn't think so," she said with a slight smirk. "When I return home from school I hope you will have my room in pristine condition. I had a fashion conniption this morning."

Like a lifeless statue, Carl did not break his position. He only said, "But Ms. Poe, you wear a uniform to school." 

"Never question me unless you want your grandson to work for us instead of pursuing his medical education."

"H---how did you know---"

"Zip it, Carl. My driver is here. You were out of line today. My father won't be too happy about that." She slammed the door, leaving the old man to walk away in tears. 

The Poe family had already stolen his life over a silly misunderstanding and now they may steal his grandson's life. 

Carl wiped the stream of tears from his face, stuck his chest out, and headed to the house to carry out his emergency escape plan that he'd carefully plotted years ago. Tonight, the Poes had to go. #LiteraryJunkie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.