Saturday, December 26, 2015

Paradise Vacation

Lola sipped her hot cup of tea with an intense stare on the edge of her seat. "You've got to tell me why you arrived here in a police cruiser and where in the heck is Nate?"

©LiteraryJunkie
"When we arrived at the resort it was breathtaking. But, it turned into a complete nightmare when we were snowed in at the resort and someone found bloody tracks."

Lola sucked in a breath of air into her lungs with her hand plastered to her racing heart. 

"Yeah, and that's where they found an unidentifiable body. The poor woman was severed into pieces."

"What happened to her? Who could do that to someone?"

"There's more," she said. "A group of people went to the office to report the murder, and that's where they found another body. Someone had burned the files and destroyed their computers."

"An obvious cover up."

"Yeah, that's what we thought. It wasn't that at all. Nate--"

"Wh--what happened to Nate?"

"I can't tell you that. I can't say any more than what has already been shared with the public." She stood from the sofa. "These men are here to take me away."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I can't tell you. I can't tell anyone. I was only allowed to come here under one condition."

"What?"

"To tell my sister goodbye." She stood from the sofa with her arms stretched out. "Maybe forever. But, I can't stay here--they'll kill me." The men pulled her away before her long goodbye complicated their case. #LiteraryJunkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.