Thursday, December 10, 2015

Killer Virus

"Richard, tell me what you know."

"After five students were found dead, in their dorm rooms, it created mass hysteria on the campus. We were all freaked out because they didn't die from shootings or even by the hands of some lunatic," he explained. "I knew them, you know. They were my friends."

"I know it's hard, but you need to try to tell me everything you know." 

©LiteraryJunkie
"They'll throw me out of college if I tell. I've worked so hard and now I can see the finish line. What do you want from me? I can't shoulder all of this. I wasn't a part of it."

"What weren't you a part of, Richard?"

"I'm not that stupid. Why don't you go talk to Professor Bell?"

The detective shoved the frightened boy back into his seat. "Look, kid, I've been extremely patient with you up until now, but if you don't give me something, so help you, God."

"Okay, Okay, we've been working on a strand of viruses with Professor Bell to figure out a cure. It was going fine until he wanted us to infect one of our subjects with a combination strand. We didn't know what we were dealing with. We didn't know," he cried out. "Everyone who touched him became infected. But, we didn't know because no one showed any signs. When Sela died we never connected the two. Her roommate found her in her bed. She must've gone in her sleep. Then Carl died a couple of days after Sela and it became a domino effect. They kept dying one after another, from a simple touch. Professor Bell knew how dangerous this combination was. He killed them---he killed all of us."

"Us," he asked.

"Yes, and when you pushed me down, you compromised yourself too."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.