Saturday, December 5, 2015

Family Ties

"I can't go on. I don't want to go on. I'd rather lay here until the water washes me away." 
©LiteraryJunkie

"Come on Darren. It's not that bad. You need to push a little harder if you want this to work."

"I'm not so sure anymore. I thought it was a good idea at first. But, what can we offer Sophie? We don't have anything and our futures are looking bleak."

"She's our child! They stole her from us. We've got to get her back."

"They didn't steal her. We messed up. We always mess up. We never should've had her. We aren't the type of people who should have kids."

"Speak for yourself I was a good mother. I'm going to keep running. If I don't try to get her back within a week they're going to move clear across the country and we may never see her again. So, you can lay there defeated just like a man and let the woman do the job." 

"Wait." He sat up, inhaling as much air as his lungs would allow and said, "I'm no quitter. I promised we would do this together. I'm not giving up. We'll  get her back even if I have to die trying, which may happen very soon since I'm seeing spots." #LiteraryJunkie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.