Friday, December 25, 2015

Case A1899

©LiteraryJunkie
"It was an ordinary night when I was leaving work Christmas night. I preferred to walk over driving. It was always the best way for me to think of different angles on my assignments. I had a boss who was always up in arms about something. So the walk also helped me clear my mind. But, on this night when I was walking a woman asked for my help. She said he was lost. I didn't think much of it. She was a tiny thing, no threat to me. She looked like one of those socialite women--proper, straight back, and good looking. She was perfection. Like I said, I didn't think much of it. But, as soon as I stepped into the darkness it was all over for me. I may have blinked once by the time a guy snatched me. I was tortured throughout the night and when they were done with me they set my body on fire. I was so engulfed in flames they came from my mouth, with a howling cry. That was my fate. I was a recently engaged journalist, on the cusps of building my life, up in flames ironically by the hands of the murderer I was trailing. On Christmas night, I got closer than I've ever gotten in my entire career as case number A1899. Not even the FBI profilers know about the pristine socialite who was the kind unsuspecting face of the killer couple. Damn,  my luck." #LiteraryJunkie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.