Friday, December 4, 2015

A Man's Word

©LiteraryJunkie
"Shes been here at Peroshi's place all this time. Seven months, Brian---seven whole months."

"She looks like she's sleeping."

"But she's not. They killed her and I'm going to make sure they go down for this. I promised her family."

"No, you promised her family you'd bring her home alive. I've told you a million times not to make promises."

"Hey, I don't need this right now.  I have news to deliver." Hunter wiped the film of sweat that formed across his forehead. His heart raced at the thought of breaking his word. A man's word was all he had. Without that, who was he? "I guess that's that. Case closed," he said in a huff. #LiteraryJunkie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.