Friday, November 27, 2015

Killers for Hire

"I know you're behind me," she said, as she took a long drag of her cigarette. 

"I have to do this. You know I have to do this."

©LiteraryJunkie
"Then why haven't you pulled the trigger? You don't have the guts to do it. I told you this business is not for you. Go ahead, Sam. Pull the trigger. Business is business," she said. "But, it doesn't matter if I'm dead or alive. The deal is done. It's going to happen and no one can stop it."

She gazed off into the distance. This wasn't the first time Sai was close to death. In her line of work it could happen in the blink of an eye. She was ready. But, from the sound of his unsteady hand and his hesitation she knew today wasn't going to be that day. 

Sai stood from the bench and stepped on her cigarette before walking away. "Soon I'll be the one behind you with a gun there won't be time for a conversation. Be ready or get out now." She disappeared into the fog like a ghost. #LiteraryJunkie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.