Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Breast Cancer

©LiteraryJunkie
"A month ago I was out to lunch with my girlfriends. We were having a magnificent time. That's when they saw the red stains bleeding through my white chiffon blouse. Can you believe it? I'm only thirty-eight years old. When the doctor gave me the news my body went numb and caved in on itself. When you get this kind of news your life flashes before your very eyes. You think about the risks you didn't take and the dreams you forgot about. You think about the golden love every girl waits a lifetime for. I hadn't found mine. I wondered if I would have time. I wondered if I would have time to see fall. It was my favorite season. I even wondered if I would see my mother with white hair in all her glory when she would need me. I wondered about all the simple things in life. All the things we take for granted and there was no way I was going to miss out on any of it. So, when I regain control of my thoughts and my body the fight will be on," she explained with a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.