Sunday, November 22, 2015

Almost Anniversary

©LiteraryJunkie
"We almost made it." The rain sparkled like silver tinsel hanging from a grand Christmas tree. "How did we get here? How did we go so far off course? This day is supposed to be our anniversary. We were supposed to come back to this spot where we first met. I remember it like it was yesterday. You were so goofy with your little hat on. Handsome as ever but so dang goofy. And I loved that about you. Yet, here I am, sitting alone. I guess it's only befitting that it's raining. It saves me from looking so pathetic. Look at me talking to myself," she took a deep breath. "I'm losing my mind."

"No, you're not."

"Terry? Please tell me it's you."

"It's me."

She touched her chest where her heart was racing. "I don't want to turn around. If I see your face. I'll never get over you."

"Turn around, Viv. Look at me."

"No, what about her?"

"What about her?"

Without laying an eye on him, she rose to her feet with a sudden sense of strength. She never felt so certain about anything in her life. To finally close the chapter that never happened. To finally exercise him from her heart. "Go back to her. I'm not a second best kind of girl. I'm either your first choice or nothing at all." She walked away never laying her eyes on him. The last time was the last time. #LiteraryJunkie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.