Monday, October 26, 2015

The Old Suitcase

©Literary Junkie
I had finally found my dream home. An early century Victorian home. I couldn't believe the price I paid for this gem. I was excited to explore all the things left behind. It was weird because there were things of this century on down to antiques. I couldn't flip through the photographs fast enough.  There were so many boxes they covered the walls. And that's when I found it off to the side in a dark corner of the basement. On first sight, it was a simple old suitcase. But, after I moved it outside into the light and opened it I unlocked a dimension to another world. My curiosity got the best of me so I took a deep breath and eased down the dark stairs. My head began to spin when I saw the same faces from the photographs I'd just seen. They surrounded me...screaming  about the mistake I'd made. You could go down those stairs, but there was no going back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please share with your friends.